The Curiosity approach
At Edgmond Owls we are passionate about early years, inspiring our little ones to be the ‘thinkers & doers’ of the future. We have embarked on an incredible new approach which inspires children through curiosity, awe and wonder.
This approach encourages the children to learn through the use of authentic resources, recycled materials and loose parts. Our mindful and passionate team will look to create amazing play spaces for children, where they have the opportunity to become very inquisitive, capable learners.
A MODERN DAY APPROACH, GIVING CHILDREN THE WINGS TO FLY
What’s it all about
- Curiosity, awe and wonder-providing wondrous opportunities to learning and development
- Passionate, motivated staff who are curious adults too. Dedicated to inspiring our incredible little learners.
- Beautiful play spaces, which offer endless opportunities to learning and development.
- The introduction of authentic materials, and loose parts, which teach children HOW to think and not WHAT to think.
- Calm, tranquil environment allowing children time and space to learn.
- Creating the thinkers and doers of the future, preparing children for life
Instead of using plastic pretend, child sized toys, we use the real thing. Resources which value children’s play. We have moved away from manufactured toy and by giving children ‘real’ authentic resources to play with, opening up a wealth of opportunity for learning. These resources offer a range of textures to explore and investigate. In comparison, plastic feels, smells and looks the same. By providing an eclectic collection of resources, children are given a wider range of resources, children are given a wider range of experiences, opportunities for critical thinking, exploration and discovery.
Through the Curiosity Approach we aim to provide a home-from-home environment, through a calming, tranquil space. Neutral colours, natural materials, cosy places for children to sit and look at books or engage in deep learning.
Bright colours, painted windows and rooms crammed with walls full of displays, laminated sheets and number lines, over stimulate children and can lead to over sensitivity, anxiety and loss of concentration. Our aim is to provide excellent learning opportunities without impacting on your child’s happiness and well-being.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to talk to ask any of us.